« Home | Reshodding » | Eating Out » | Confused » | Death to the VCR » | Picture Patch » | Going for a ride » | Disposable PDA » | Free Sonic Limeade » | Sad, Sad Day » | Chocolate » 

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 

Keepin' it Real

For my fellow bloggers, I saw this tip over on Lifehacker.com. I'd wondered for a while how to back up my blog for later printing or storing for a kind of historical archive (of this exquisite prose) for me and my kids once they grow up. For me at least, it would have been interesting to see my parents or even grandparents thoughts and select pics from my earliest of years and how they compare to mine now that I'm having kids. Course if you were just going to print it out you could set it to show 999 days, for Blogger users, and then print like that or just print each month. And I wonder if that may not be the best option being that CD's don't last that long and the way tech is changing if it would be lost and forgotten in the depths of that non-working, no longer compatible media, computer of fifteen years ago.

This program saves the blog/website to your harddrive for offline browsing. Then you can periodically run it and it will sync up with the current web site and save the new data.