« Home | Chocolate » | Morning Views » | I'm Blind » | Memories » | Whoop, there it is » | Being King » | Curious » | The Fair » | Hurley » | Snoopy » 

Sunday, October 09, 2005 

Sad, Sad Day

The first sad news is that one of my favorite childhood eating places has closed its doors. Every year at the Tulsa workshop we would go out to eat at Casa Bonita. I really liked it when we got to sit in the cave but sadly they closed their doors last week. I'm hoping someone will come in and reopen it again. We've got better Mexican here at Ted's or Pablano's but they had ambiance (at least how I remember it). Wonder if the one in Denver with the cliff divers is still going to be open?

Trying to guard against future problems when baby brother comes in two months, we decided to wean Claire off her pacy. It's been 3 days now and she still looks for it in her bag but had done resonably well. To push our luck, yesterday she didn't take but a short afternoon nap so we thought she might fall asleep early so we bathed her and got her in pj's then we went to an evening movie. Flight Plan was pretty good, what I got to see of it. The popcorn didn't keep her totally quiet so I had to listen to about half of it from the entry way. Wondering around the theatre while the movie played I couldn't help but notice how many movies now are just rehashes of mainstream ones just a few years ago. Nearly every preivew and upcoming one was. That is except for the ridiculous looking preview starring a couple famous actors about a pair of gay cowboys. Sheesh, if that's what they're offering, no wonder they claim sales are down.