Generational Note...
As I was thumbing through all of Google's free services available the other day I came across something I knew was there but never checked.
To use a simple blog post to describe my late maternal grandfather would not do justice so I'll just say that he was strong--in both ways, had a lot of great stories and is probably why who I am today personality wise through genetics but also example.
Here is a patent he got back in the early 70's about the time I was born. It is for a muffler design of all things. Another one he worked on, being from SE Kansas where there was a lot of strip pit mining for coal, was a particulate scrubber for coal plants that would remove the dust to cut down on the explosion risk that, at the time, was a concern. It was not awarded a patent due to other previous designs but I still have the briefcases full of correspondence between all the legal parties involved. Also located in the briefcase is another one he was working on for a "fish bridge". Think of it as a way to help fish swim upstream past small dams or rock formations.
What's also amazing to me is here was a guy with an 8th grade education. There were a number of factors leading to this but I don't doubt that if he grew up in todays society, he'd likely be an engineer. So here's to you Elijah M. Boor. Here's to you grandpa. Thank you for the inspiration.
To use a simple blog post to describe my late maternal grandfather would not do justice so I'll just say that he was strong--in both ways, had a lot of great stories and is probably why who I am today personality wise through genetics but also example.
What's also amazing to me is here was a guy with an 8th grade education. There were a number of factors leading to this but I don't doubt that if he grew up in todays society, he'd likely be an engineer. So here's to you Elijah M. Boor. Here's to you grandpa. Thank you for the inspiration.