« Home | Boxed In » | Last Vacation of the Summer » | Christmas Wish List » | On the Move » | Monkeying around » | Our Summer Vacation » | Being Bourne » | Clean Kiddos » | Ballet » | We went to Tulsa... » 

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 

Before and After

We left a great house over a week ago and boy has the time flown. We cleaned out all the lasties and got out finally from the old house with an hour to spare. Lesson learned, materialism only gets you a sore back. Needless to say we were both kind of sad to leave that great house. Not for sure if it was the stress of leaving so quickly (and the sleeplessness) or all the work we'd put into it, but I'm sure a lot of it was because that is the house where we brought our babies home to and all the memories there over the past 4 years. We both shed a tear as we left that final time.

Thankfully we were headed to another great house, albeit one that needed a bunch of work.


Well, here is our first remodeling project in the new house (besides ripping down all the draperies and such. The double oven/stove was older than I was and original to the '73 house. Amazingly it still worked, but I couldn't get Amy to go for the retro, one piece look.

Our next big project which has taken up all of my time is adding the wall between the dining room and soon-to-be office along with all the texturing and painting, and oh yeah, taking down the popcorn ceiling. It wasn't too bad but it was messy. Amy's parents came down this past weekend and were a lot of help, along with family that came over Saturday.


Well, on top of all that, Saturday, Amy and the kids and her mom were headed back from getting lunch and got plowed into. Thankfully it was the Saturn, not so thanfully, I'm pretty sure it's totaled and being an old car, I doubt we'll get much from their insurance. I guess some of our remodeling will have to wait a while. Anyone have a good car for cheap? It may not look like it but the passenger door is broken and everything forward. I'm guessing the wheel needs more than a rotate and balance as well. Update: talked to their insurance and they might be fixing it as it's going to the repair shop. (I bet once they see the estimate, my hopes will be dashed though).

Your remodel will likely be done before ours. I had no idea you were so handy! You should've made your way down here for some practice!!

New appliances look good man! Glad no one was hurt in the wreck. So far they replaced service outside and a new breaker box... Now they are trying to locate a short in the wiring somewhere that keeps causing all the power to go dead... I replaced all the Recessed lighting as well.

That is terrible about the wreck. Why do those things always come at the most inconvient times? It only took about $2000 worth of damage to total our Saturn out last year (it was a 1997), but I'll keep my hopes up. The kitchen looks good! Can't wait to see the new house!

Cars are wonderful things. Better to lose the car than anyone IN it. I used to work at a car dealership, I can probably pull a favor or two to get you a good deal. If you need it.

I like that you have a picture of Claire helping. That is awesome! She's learning well.

Post a Comment