This Old House
While it is one of my favorite shows, I've yet to have time to watch it these past few weeks for all the work I've been doing on my own house. It does feel like we've lived here for a couple months and I even had to look it up on the calendar to see we've actually only been here 2 weeks (I thought for sure it was 3 or 4). I guess from working at home plus working all the time on the house I lost track of time.
So far in just the two weeks we've been here we tore out a bunch of junk, repaired some toilets, replaced the stove, microwave, and dishwasher, put up a wall, tore out an entryway, took down asbestos-laden popcorn ceiling, textured, fixed sprinkler system, cleaned out water softener, put up window treatments, replaced a totaled vehicle, laid concrete for a new entryway, ran some electrical wiring (and researched all you'd ever want to know about aluminum wiring), etc, etc, etc. It's been a lot of fun and now we are getting closer to finishing our first big project by painting, putting down the wood floor and then the trim. It'll be nice to get those two rooms finished so we can finally feel like we've moved in (and not have to go outside just to get to the bedrooms).
Our next project (besides the few hundred small ones) will likely be the playroom or the driveway resurface. Too bad I can't get frequent shopper discounts at Lowe's.
So far in just the two weeks we've been here we tore out a bunch of junk, repaired some toilets, replaced the stove, microwave, and dishwasher, put up a wall, tore out an entryway, took down asbestos-laden popcorn ceiling, textured, fixed sprinkler system, cleaned out water softener, put up window treatments, replaced a totaled vehicle, laid concrete for a new entryway, ran some electrical wiring (and researched all you'd ever want to know about aluminum wiring), etc, etc, etc. It's been a lot of fun and now we are getting closer to finishing our first big project by painting, putting down the wood floor and then the trim. It'll be nice to get those two rooms finished so we can finally feel like we've moved in (and not have to go outside just to get to the bedrooms).
Our next project (besides the few hundred small ones) will likely be the playroom or the driveway resurface. Too bad I can't get frequent shopper discounts at Lowe's.
Lowes?! I'm sure you'd get better and less expensive stuff at Home Depot! HA! Looks good! We know how you feel!
Posted by
KT |
10/08/2007 12:25 PM
Well, at least online Lowe's shows they are usually $1 cheaper on most things, plus they are a little closer for us (I think). Although they do have some stuff that Lowe's does not and I have purchased much at both for this house (esp with the 10% coupons I hoard).
Posted by
Dustin |
10/08/2007 12:32 PM
Looks fun... Reminds me of Nicaragua
Posted by
The Noodle |
10/15/2007 2:07 PM