Alternatives
Always looking for useful software and not wanting to pay for it new, I still use an old version of Office97 I've had (legally) for quite some time or use OpenOffice (or even Google's Documents and Spreadsheets as mentioned in the last post).
Found this useful site that may help you out if you are looking for free alternatives to popular programs. They list the commercial software and their free alternatives. It's not exhaustive (I use the much quicker pdf reader Foxit Reader, instead of Adobe) but it is a good start with some of the more popular alternatives. Open Source Alternative
Found this useful site that may help you out if you are looking for free alternatives to popular programs. They list the commercial software and their free alternatives. It's not exhaustive (I use the much quicker pdf reader Foxit Reader, instead of Adobe) but it is a good start with some of the more popular alternatives. Open Source Alternative