« Home | Sledding » | Christmas Pics » | Fever Rush » | Finally an update! » | Crystal Trees » | Feeling Small » | Sliding on Bricks » | Christmas Classics » | Birthday Boy » | My Son » 

Monday, January 22, 2007 

Slow Computer

Computer running slow? If you've got all your updates, have your anti-virus running, and have run your spy-ware program, then you may want to try one more very useful program that I've used for quite a while on all the computers I manage. CCleaner is a great tool for getting rid of junk on your pc and helping to reduce startup time by letting you eliminate unnecessary programs that load during startup such as quicktime, real player, numerous program notifications, programs for hardware you no longer have, etc. It's free, highly rated, and point and click easy, like all the ones linked here. There is also a link on the right and a tutorial on the website.


Ah, the Mac false sense of security. Though this was directed to the 95+% of those coming to the site.

I do look for the day when a viable linux distribution becomes a threat instead of the closed source issues we have now (Mac included). But I'm not sure that will happen for a long while.

Post a Comment