« Home | Finally an update! » | Crystal Trees » | Feeling Small » | Sliding on Bricks » | Christmas Classics » | Birthday Boy » | My Son » | Snippity » | Victory » | Thanksgiving cows » 

Friday, January 12, 2007 

Fever Rush

Yesterday Drake started to run a fever and so we got low on medicine and decided to go to Walmart, along with the rest of Edmond. I went there a few times at Christmas and have never seen it so busy. No shopping carts, cars parked all the way out, every line 20 people long, and the main walkway between the registers and the rest of the store, packed, and I almost took a pic. We put our items down and left to go to CVS instead. The weathermen have taken over, and Wal-mart and the rest should be paying them bonuses for the business they drum up. As the saying goes, fear is an expensive emotion; and in this case very profitable for the stores.

We went to Sam's club to get a case of bottled water, just because, and to pick up the film I had dropped off. In the morning (around 10:30) there were maybe 15 people in the whole place. By 6:30, it was a mad-house similar to what you described at Wal-Mart.

I agree that one should be prepared for a cold night, but come on people, the world will not end even if the power does go off.

Post a Comment