Here We Go

After getting about 4 hours sleep, I think I've finally got everything ready and have probably over packed, but at least I'm below the weight limit. Really, it's not even that far as with the current technology and communications (like this photo posted from my phone) it'll be like an extended trip to Dallas or something.
Last night Amy and I sent the kids to her sisters and went out to eat at Caraba's. It was good, but nothing special, just your standard Italian fare you'd find in most chain restaurants. Then we headed to the store for some last minute items.
Today (could just be my tired state), I'm trying to refocus on the purpose of the trip. I've spent a lot more time thinking about the planning and entertainment during the trip than I have on why I'm going and preparing myself for that. Perhaps this entry is a good start toward that.
If the Romero's get their Internet back up while there, I'll try to post regularly on our events and progress.
And if I'm not able to post or call, (Monday)Happy 2nd Birthday Claire! (Wednesday)Happy 9th Anniversary Amy! (Thursday) Happy 30th Birthday Amy! I love you all and see you in a week!