« Home | Santa Claus Came To Town! » | Hot Chocolate » | Oh brother » | Too Old for her Age » | Scrub a dub » | Piggy Back » | Afternoon Naptime » | First Weekend » | Drake MacArthur Risley » | The Big Day... » 

Thursday, December 29, 2005 

A lot of wasted time

I took quite a bit of vacation over the Christmas break and filled some of it with movies and changing dirty diapers. We even got a babysitter for Claire and got to go see The Chronicles of Narnia. Here are my brief reviews of each. They are rated by their own standing, but by far, Chronicles was the best of them all and was much better than I expected (and the cleanest of the bunch!). Tilda Swinton as the White Witch was excellent. And as Amy commented, the older King Peter looked a lot like the Burger King from the commercials.

Chronicles of Narnia
Expected 3/4
Actual 4/4



Hitchhikers Guide
Expected 3/4
Actual 1.5/4

Guess I wasn't in the mood for Python-esque humor that day. Hadn't read the book, but shouldn't have to. Reminded me a little of The Fifth Element in its look.



The Island
Expected 2.5/4
Actual 3.5/4

Based on a premise not too far off in some aspects. Enjoyed the sci-fi aspect.





Sin City
Expected 2/4
Actual 2.5/4

Enjoyed the comic book look and flow. Lots of stars with small roles.






Dukes of Hazzard
Expected 2.5/4
Acutal 1/4

A 30 min episode than was stretched to 2 hours , some vulgar content as well. Not the Dukes you remember. Casting all wrong. Good parts you've seen in previews.


Fantastic Four
Expected 2.5/4
Actual 2.5/4

Not fantastic but alright for a superhero-comic movie.





40 Year Old Virgin
Expected 3.5/4
Actual 2.5/4

Wasn't as good as I'd been led to believe but had some funny moments, though not enough to warrant another showing.




Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Expected 2.5/4
Actual 3/4

Funny interaction, entertaining flow.

I've seen "Narnia" 3 times and I'm amazed at how beautifully and accurately it follows the book's version. Fabulous, indeed.

Happy New Year!

ang

Post a Comment