The Perfect Evening
This post should be prefaced with the fact that the first part of the day was less than ideal but since I was at the office today I got to bypass that and then Amy went out this eve as we switched rolls. The kids have been a handful lately with all the fighting and whining multiple, multiple times a day so this is why the post.
It started off with me and the kids getting to go out to eat, well sorta. We needed groceries kinda, but mainly a reason to get out of the house, so we ate at the McD's at Walmart but they didn't care, they got their toy and a "spicy drink!" (Sprite). [Side note for history: Claire told me of her dream about killing a large dinosaur and then got baptized because she was as big as daddy]. Then the groceries which usually is a royal pain and I promise to never take them both again together but all we needed was toilet paper, so no problem. But they were perfect! So after TP and another $80 in groceries (why not) we head out.
We get home and Charlie Brown was on just as Claire predicted (eerie). I put the groceries away and then we get on their pj's while watching the end. After we get cocoa and sit down to watch "The Grinch" and "Horton Hears a Who", brush teeth get in bed, sing songs (no stories b/c of movies), prayer and they are asleep in less than 10.
Wow. It is the little things like this that I am thankful for.
It started off with me and the kids getting to go out to eat, well sorta. We needed groceries kinda, but mainly a reason to get out of the house, so we ate at the McD's at Walmart but they didn't care, they got their toy and a "spicy drink!" (Sprite). [Side note for history: Claire told me of her dream about killing a large dinosaur and then got baptized because she was as big as daddy]. Then the groceries which usually is a royal pain and I promise to never take them both again together but all we needed was toilet paper, so no problem. But they were perfect! So after TP and another $80 in groceries (why not) we head out.
We get home and Charlie Brown was on just as Claire predicted (eerie). I put the groceries away and then we get on their pj's while watching the end. After we get cocoa and sit down to watch "The Grinch" and "Horton Hears a Who", brush teeth get in bed, sing songs (no stories b/c of movies), prayer and they are asleep in less than 10.
Wow. It is the little things like this that I am thankful for.
Labels: dream