« Home | Risley Boys » | Odds and Ends » | Pre-Halloween Festivities » | Timely Discovery » | Kiddos » | A little early » | First Day of School » | Too Much Google? » | What is that? » | Lots of Pics please (updated) » 

Thursday, November 20, 2008 

Time for a Change

Since moving in last fall we have been slowly working on the landscaping (with help from Amy's sis the botanist). This shows the progression of what it was (overgrown and plants not right for their location), through the summer, paint job, and to now. It really got in gear in October when we got a quote to rip out the rest of it and level and it was about 2 grand. I got it all done and ripped out in a few hours and dirt hauled the next day. Pecan shells the next and Amy picked up the plants. So I see this as my $2k savings project (my labor is cheap).

I kinda liked the lush green of it previously but I know when the plants get bigger and we add more, it will be much better than before.