« Home | Pre-Halloween Festivities » | Timely Discovery » | Kiddos » | A little early » | First Day of School » | Too Much Google? » | What is that? » | Lots of Pics please (updated) » | Eighty6er » | Superman, Cinderella, & Snow White » 

Friday, November 07, 2008 

Odds and Ends

Update: Well I called the previous owners of our house to check on the tombstone from '44 and sure enough it was for a pet cat from their childhood. Still a little odd though to bring a (homemade) tombstone, or possibly they made it here for a Halloween or something I didn't find out that level of detail.

Claire the other day told me about her dream. She was sleeping in her dream and some green men came and got her and used tools and cut her on her knees and such, lights, etc just like a typical UFO story. Must be a universal thing. I did see a documentary once where they used different powers of magnetic waves in a helmet to see how it affected brain waves and people would describe what they saw and felt. It was repeatable and at a certain direction of the waves they envisioned people with gray skin, big eyes, etc just like the UFO abductions do. Not conclusive but I imagine there is something there. That or her dream was influenced by Drake repeatedly kicking her at night, rolling on her, etc. I don't get any sleep next to him.

Congrats to Obama. I've known it would happen since I saw his speech in 2004 but it is pretty amazing the events that occurred at just the right time to make this happen. I did not vote for him, but as president I support him. I hope he is the best president we have ever had and I pray for his leadership and safety. It will be nice to have a well spoken executive at the top position and the effect of his appointment on hope to a whole generation of people as well as helping us move past part of the civil rights problems cannot be overstated. Dont' get me wrong, it is not that I now approve of all his positions and in fact some run counter to many foundational principles I hold, but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt and lend my support.