Concert

Saturday Amy and I got to have a great night sans kids. Though we missed the class Thanksgiving party, we had free box seats to see Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood in concert. We started out though with another excellent meal at one of our favs, Papa Dios, before heading to the Ford Center.
Sadly the first song that Carrie sang that I actually recognized was near the end and was an excellent cover of Guns N' Roses, "Sweet Child of Mine". Then she sang her famous "Jesus take the wheel" song and that was all I knew of hers. But she had the hometown crowd really worked up and did a great job. Brad had a lot more songs that I recognized and had a great, crowd pleasing performance. With him introducing each of his band members from various Oklahoma towns, it made the redneck crowd pretty excited. Then when he started his famous duet song with Alison Krauss of "Whiskey Lullaby", Carrie came back on stage and filled in perfectly.