« Home | Upgrade » | Costume » | Worth Repeating » | Cousin Ralph » | Let Sleeping Babies Lie » | Taco Tico » | Audio Blogging (not my style) » | We All Scream for Icecream » | Phone Blogging » | Fairly Good » 

Monday, October 23, 2006 

Upgrade Pt 2

As mentioned in my last post, IE7 is now out and most will be automatically updated to it by the first week in November. Also related news is the release of Firefox 2.0. It will be released tomorrow afternoon, Tues, at Mozilla.com. Or you can get it today if you know where to look.

I highly recommend it. With add on extensions (free) that make it more useful, I'm not sure I'd switch to another unless it had some of these same abilities such as ad blocking and live feeds as well as an intuitive layout. Web pages without ads and flashing banners, not sure I would ever go back. Plus FF2.0 also has a built in spell checker that auto checks input forms like this.

Looking at my visitors browser prefs, about 60% of you already use Firefox. So if you're still using IE and going to have to change in the next couple weeks to another browser altogether anyways via the mandatory update, so why not try one that you've heard so much about? It's a small download and you can always uninstall it.

OK, you're likely tired of me posting about such items. I'll get back to Claire and Drake in the next few days!