« Home | THE Introduction » | Who's got the remote? » | A Rare Sight » | Of Some Use » | Excel-ent » | New Blogger » | Aunts » | I Don't Feel Less Safe » | Just Cool » | Yard Work » 

Monday, August 28, 2006 

Not the Dog

Ah, the profits for all the companies that need to reprint new editions of books, posters, mobiles and models because of Pluto's demotion. For a great look at our solar system and size comparison of the planets from "Astronomy Picture of the Day" click on the below.

Okay now I feel stupid....one of my students asked me today, "Mrs. Blankinship, is Pluto a planet?" "Yes it is, why?" "I thought they said it was too small to be a planet, so it's not anymore." "Will, that's silly, where in the world did you hear that?" Maybe he heard it on the news I haven't seen since school started....or of course he could have read it on your blog!

Post a Comment