« Home | New Blogger » | Aunts » | I Don't Feel Less Safe » | Just Cool » | Yard Work » | Hard at work » | Perhaps... » | Inchworm » | Fashion Mail » | Yeeehawwww! » 

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 

Excel-ent

If you're like me at work (and some at home), I use Excel or it's OpenOffice.org equivalent quite a bit and probably for more than I should. The numbers, formulas, and whiz-bang things you can do with it sits well with my left brained mind. To paraphrase Greg Focker, Dustin like Excel, Dustin like Excel very well. So it's time to get your geek on.

Saw this a few days ago and wanted to, but haven't posted about it till now. In the K.I.S.S. method of graphing, using the repeat formula for an in-cell graph, instead of a picture graph, for quick references. You can even use conditional formatting to color code it.

Click on the pic for an explanation how-to, or go here for more Excel goodies.



For an Excel file explaining how to do this for such as Gantt charts, tornado diagrams, etc download this Excel file.
For advanced graphs take a look at this file.

As if all that wasn't enough, MS has numerous planning templates you can download to help with budgets, annuities, donations, etc here.

Huh?!

I can use Excel, but that's gibberish to me... Of course, I learned Excel from a book titled "How to Use Excel" so maybe that's why...

Post a Comment