Fire Alarm, Smoke Alarm.....
...Poop alarm?? For those of you dog owners out there, you know that the foulest of odors can seep from the backside of your best friend. Edie's (our lab) are pretty bad sometimes and will make your eyes water, especially when she's sleeping beside your side of the bed and you wake up to a different type of alarm clock, not one of sound. Saturday night, Edie had the condition scientifically know as smelly-dog-farts.
Anyways, Sunday we walked out of church and got in the truck. I started to smell something really foul, but Amy, the smeller of all things not normal, didn't smell anything. How could she not! It was growing in intensity and so she asked if maybe I stepped in something so I checked my shoes (unlikely since there were no droppings in church or the parking lot to my knowledge) smelled the bags, and smelled the A/C vent, nothing, but I still smelled it bad. Sometimes the creek beside the church puts off quite an odor but that wasn't it either.
We went to Target and then headed for the house. Back home we come in though the garage and an interesting bouquet hits us. I wasn't surprised as it is a somewhat familiar smell of Edie's scientific condition at times, but Amy said it wasn't that. Good news it was on the tile, bad news I had to clean it up while Amy's gag reflex started kicking in. She's laughing, I'm holding my breath. Beyond foul. 3 candles and two thorough cleaning with Clorox and a roll of paper towels did the job but it still lingered some so we opened the doors and windows on this beautiful day. We're still not sure what I smelled (that I thought was dog poo at the time). Cue the twilight zone music.
Sunday night we were watching "Dirty Jobs" and the host was tracking through bat dung, and then gathering stool samples on milk cows, I could relate.
Then I took Claire to her bedroom to get pjs on.
As I type this from spending another hour cleaning up what we missed this morning by amazingly not going into Claire's room at all today, I'm tired, a little light headed, and wish we had hoseable floors.
Stench, thy name is Edie Poop and from the depths of putrid heck, I stab at thee.
Anyways, Sunday we walked out of church and got in the truck. I started to smell something really foul, but Amy, the smeller of all things not normal, didn't smell anything. How could she not! It was growing in intensity and so she asked if maybe I stepped in something so I checked my shoes (unlikely since there were no droppings in church or the parking lot to my knowledge) smelled the bags, and smelled the A/C vent, nothing, but I still smelled it bad. Sometimes the creek beside the church puts off quite an odor but that wasn't it either.
We went to Target and then headed for the house. Back home we come in though the garage and an interesting bouquet hits us. I wasn't surprised as it is a somewhat familiar smell of Edie's scientific condition at times, but Amy said it wasn't that. Good news it was on the tile, bad news I had to clean it up while Amy's gag reflex started kicking in. She's laughing, I'm holding my breath. Beyond foul. 3 candles and two thorough cleaning with Clorox and a roll of paper towels did the job but it still lingered some so we opened the doors and windows on this beautiful day. We're still not sure what I smelled (that I thought was dog poo at the time). Cue the twilight zone music.
Sunday night we were watching "Dirty Jobs" and the host was tracking through bat dung, and then gathering stool samples on milk cows, I could relate.
Then I took Claire to her bedroom to get pjs on.
As I type this from spending another hour cleaning up what we missed this morning by amazingly not going into Claire's room at all today, I'm tired, a little light headed, and wish we had hoseable floors.
Stench, thy name is Edie Poop and from the depths of putrid heck, I stab at thee.