Movie Time
Last night Amy and I got to have a mini date and dropped Claire off at her sisters. We went to go see the movie "End of the Spear" which I talked about in an earlier post. I thought it was actually pretty good as I'd gone in with low expectations.
I liked the documentary it was based on "Beyond the Gates of Splendor" but wasn't sure about the independant film (partially financed by Mardells and Hobby Lobby owner?). I had an idea I would like it if not in spite of all the professional critics that hated it since it had a subtle missionary slant, but that was actually downplayed. Trying to think how I would rate it without knowing the backstory and I still would have thought it a decent movie. So if you don't see it at the theaters go rent the documentary on it which tells the whole story.
Expected 2.5
Actual 3.0
I liked the documentary it was based on "Beyond the Gates of Splendor" but wasn't sure about the independant film (partially financed by Mardells and Hobby Lobby owner?). I had an idea I would like it if not in spite of all the professional critics that hated it since it had a subtle missionary slant, but that was actually downplayed. Trying to think how I would rate it without knowing the backstory and I still would have thought it a decent movie. So if you don't see it at the theaters go rent the documentary on it which tells the whole story.
Expected 2.5Actual 3.0