Odds & Ends
Today PalmOne regained the name of PALM. Not that it's much interest to my 2 readers but this is probably a good thing and will help in furthering brand awareness. The new logo I like too, as well as the Lifedrive PDA I have. Some say they are a dying, niche, device. I don't care, I like it now. If phones can be integrated well and have shorter refresh (model) cycles then I'll consider a combo.Typical over the air TV via rabbit ears is going away (literally), but now they've pushed the date back to 2009. If you got cable, no worries. Otherwise you'll have to buy an adapter or your new tv by that time will come able to receive the new digital signal. Sad really that my kids will not know what a bad reception/snowy channel is. The one where you grab the plyers to turn the broken dial to U, and then the other dial some odd number and then your brother holds the coat hanger antennae with an outstretced leg to see if we can get that far off channel in Tulsa, during a storm, so we can claim we had more than 3 channels. Odd, but I still vividly remember those times of getting the mysterious 4th channel with analog "ghosting" at it's best. Maybe that's what's sad about it.
Firefox rocks. Except on those lousy sites that require IE only for some reason. For that I use an extension called IE view that opens that page in IE every time I visit so I don't have to go through the motions. Another great extension is a tinyurl creator. Take a long url and it gets translated into a very small one via the free service. Great for sending along in emails so it doesn't get truncated or something. Another fav is Adblock, no more ads when browsing, it's great. That and forecast fox, weather forecast and radar right on my browser, no spyware.
Saw another article today about how most workers admit to "wasting" 2 hours a day at work. Funny, as I was wondering how many people would read that when, like me, were "wasting" time browsing the Internet at work. "Wasting" is a debatable term the article said and I totally agree (as I write this blog during work).