It ain't pretty
Yes, I haven't updated in a while so it got a little stale. Well, not a whole lot's been happening in the past week 'cept the usual.
We did try to go home to Kansas this past weekend and Amy felt like she needed to reinvent the meaning of "The land of Ahhs", Kansas' slogan. She was a little sick before leaving and we didn't make it but half way to Tulsa until some unlucky motorists saw a blond-headed chick painting the pavement a new shade of chunky-brown out the side of a 75mph Toyota Sequoia window. Needless to say it was a tough way back home for her and she spent most of the weekend laid up. (I'll save you the pics)
Which brings up another topic I find humorous to discuss, the convulsive act of up-chucking. Edie our Lab starts off by working it up seemingly on purpose while sitting there with a sullen face. Amy was graceful in just leaning over and tightening up. Me, on the other hand, stand back, farther. I heard a few years ago during the Olympics that sprinter Michael Johnson did it so violently that he dislocated his jaw. Yeah, I think that's one area where I'm as good as an olympic sprinter, course I would probably be louder as well. Something involuntary about my vocal chords coming into play as well as the littlest unknown muscles in my entire being, tensing all at once.
During this I got to be the only caregiver of 3 ladies (counting Edie). I continually have greater empathy for single parents and wonder how they ever get anything done or make it w/o going crazy. This of course includes the parents that get no help from their spouse.
We did try to go home to Kansas this past weekend and Amy felt like she needed to reinvent the meaning of "The land of Ahhs", Kansas' slogan. She was a little sick before leaving and we didn't make it but half way to Tulsa until some unlucky motorists saw a blond-headed chick painting the pavement a new shade of chunky-brown out the side of a 75mph Toyota Sequoia window. Needless to say it was a tough way back home for her and she spent most of the weekend laid up. (I'll save you the pics)
Which brings up another topic I find humorous to discuss, the convulsive act of up-chucking. Edie our Lab starts off by working it up seemingly on purpose while sitting there with a sullen face. Amy was graceful in just leaning over and tightening up. Me, on the other hand, stand back, farther. I heard a few years ago during the Olympics that sprinter Michael Johnson did it so violently that he dislocated his jaw. Yeah, I think that's one area where I'm as good as an olympic sprinter, course I would probably be louder as well. Something involuntary about my vocal chords coming into play as well as the littlest unknown muscles in my entire being, tensing all at once.
During this I got to be the only caregiver of 3 ladies (counting Edie). I continually have greater empathy for single parents and wonder how they ever get anything done or make it w/o going crazy. This of course includes the parents that get no help from their spouse.
Ewwww. Gross. I was hit with the unlucky stomach virus this weekend as well. I'm sorry Amy, not fun.
-Kim W.
Posted by
Anonymous |
3/22/2005 2:01 PM