The Long Return
With the great vacation we just had, it eventually leads to the post vacation funk. I'm one of those that don't really care for the long ride home of a great vacation but this past one wasn't too bad. It seems to me that closure of the vacation only comes once you've officially unpacked and have done all the laundry (and for some reason, a weekend must occur). Though getting back into the routine will take some time.
This week we returned and then got to watch our nieces and nephew while their parents went off on vacation. It was a nice tradeoff as they watched Claire while we skied. Thankfully, Amy's mom came for a visit and stayed till today helping out (meaning: did most of it) with cooking, cleaning, and general entertainment for all. It was great to have Granny here and all the support she brings. But I still haven't unpacked yet, maybe I'll do that tomorrow...
This week we returned and then got to watch our nieces and nephew while their parents went off on vacation. It was a nice tradeoff as they watched Claire while we skied. Thankfully, Amy's mom came for a visit and stayed till today helping out (meaning: did most of it) with cooking, cleaning, and general entertainment for all. It was great to have Granny here and all the support she brings. But I still haven't unpacked yet, maybe I'll do that tomorrow...