Piggy Piggy

Periodically over the past few months Amy and I have come to realizations that "she can't be that old yet!". It seems to go by so fast, I'm wondering if it'll slow down when she hits the "terrible two's". Claire is into her 9th month and Amy tried the pigtails today. It was a hit and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of that.
Today was also the dreaded scalping day. Not of hair but the grass. I dread this day, even more so as I didn't get that last mowing in that I wanted to last fall. Don the dust mask and old clothes and 19 bags later I'm finally done, covered in dead grass and dust, wondering what it will cost me to have someone else do it next year. At least we've got nice weather.
Man, those Risley's are a good-looking bunch, eh? I get to hold Miss Claire in just over a month!! (sense the excitement...) Perhaps I'll sport some pigtails too for our 'formal introduction'...she might feel like she can relate to me better.
One week of being 25 and I realized:
1. I'm still really cool.
2. Time waits for no (wo)man.
3. I started highschool 11 years ago.
4. British pop music is not that cool.
5. I may have a slight addiction to PG Tips tea with milk and one Splenda tablet.
6. My hair grows faster in the UK and is about 39 feet long. (I don't dare cut it; you know, the whole 'Sampson Dilemma.'
and, 7. I'm exactly where God wants me to be, but I can't wait for my visit home!!
Excellent ramblings, fellow Risley.
Posted by
Anonymous |
3/12/2005 4:15 PM