« Home | Roaring River » | Caution! » | Claire's 4th Birthday Party » | Nine Pics » | Yes, yes I will Claire. » | Project #2 » | Friends » | The only way to eat dinner » | Drake Asleep » | Welcome to the Neighbor-hood » 

Thursday, June 19, 2008 

Browsing, why do you care?

Firefox 3
Why would you care if the latest version of Firefox is out, it just gets you the views of the internet? Because it makes it easy and fun! To save you a long boring post, here is an informative and short video that details the improvements and the reason they just set a Guinness Book of World Records for most downloads in 24 hours.

VIDEO

If you already have Firefox and want the new version, click on the Help menu, Check for Updates. If you are new to Firefox download it here. It can import everything you had saved in Internet Explorer when it's installing.

Add-ons I like: Adblock Plus (no more ads), Forecastfox (weather), Foxmarks (sync bookmarks between computers), Google Notebook, IE Tab (for those stubborn sites), Better Gmail 2. If you use Firefox, what are your fav add-ons?

We just had a laptop issue, and Firefox was the only way we could get to our desktop. Jeff was burning CD's of our pictures and documents, and IE wouldn't let us go anywhere! Saved us $100 of Geek Squad backing up our hard drive. I am so glad I was the one demanding it.

I like that you can open new things in a new tab, so you don't have to close or flip whole windows to keep working on things.

cool

Post a Comment