« Home | Whoop, there it is » | Being King » | Curious » | The Fair » | Hurley » | Snoopy » | Vroom, Vroom » | Canton Lake » | Dr. Checkup » | Italian for dinner » 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 

Memories

The constant progression of more advanced technology doesn't surprise me, but I am usually astouned at the products. This new memory for instance is incredibly small with sizes up to 4GB and will make tomorrow's electronics that much smaller or give them more room for a bigger battery. My LifeDrive is already pretty thick, can't imagine what I'll think in a few years after seeing what I used to lug around. Stacking them together, they expect a potential 32GB card by the end of next year. That's more than what my current laptop has for storage. Which brings up another thought. I can't imagine what my kids will be using when they get to my age. I imagine my kids, will think the same thing about how technology is advancing but they will have different concepts of what the limiting factors are and the areas where it is improving the most.

When you can take with you nearly every note you've ever made, book you've read or referenced, photo you've taken, document you've worked on or even a lot of video you've seen (with the right compression)in data form in the palm of your hand currently, storage will not be an issue of consideration. Course given the prevalence of wireless tech almost everywhere you don't have to take it all with you and still have access to it. Amazing.

The problem with smaller formats is that they are so small. I can barely handle XD. I can't imagine trying to change that card out. It better come with tweezers.

Post a Comment