« Home | Memories » | Whoop, there it is » | Being King » | Curious » | The Fair » | Hurley » | Snoopy » | Vroom, Vroom » | Canton Lake » | Dr. Checkup » 

Friday, September 30, 2005 

I'm Blind

MicrolightAt least temporarily. I've long been a fan of the Inova microlights and went and got one at Academy (great prices). While there I was curious what else was out there and so compared with the other small LED lights and none came close. It's bright enough that you don't want to shine it at people's eyes, even in the daytime. I guess that and that the LED will never burn out is why they are replacing the older, large bulb centered ones.

X5Browsing around I noticed this same company had come out with a larger flashlight version as well. I have a Mag-Lite and it does pretty good. Well, I came across Inova's X5 which is a floodlight of 5 of the LED's (about the size of a roll of Rollo candy). Far brighter than any other LED flashlights I saw--think Men In Black movie. I guess I was comparing too much as I started to see spots and had to break for a while. It's about like looking into the sun. Ended up getting both shown and am ready to go camping this weekend. BTW, they make others with more spotlight ability (lightsaber) but Academy didn't have them. Highly recommended.