Real Life
A departure from my normal family-centric posts although this kind of relates. Saw this today and thought it worthy of sharing. Most of my readers were likely born in the 60's or later so this is probably as relevant to them as to me.
Take a look at the pic below and then tell me when it was taken.
Yesterday for a movie? Early 60's for Lavern and Shirley? Is that real wax paper around their lunches? Where's the ziploc's?
Actually, this was a color slide take in 1943, I'm thinking great-grandparents work time, helping out the war effort. I've only seen the time period before I was born in B&W pics and recreated in movies, so to me this was pretty cool, making my grandparents and parents (childhood) generation more real whereas before it was somewhat disconnected being B&W. More by clicking the link and many more by searching that Library of Congress site.
Related, my small hometown of Parsons KS has the only remaining Kodachrome processing facility in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome
Take a look at the pic below and then tell me when it was taken.
Yesterday for a movie? Early 60's for Lavern and Shirley? Is that real wax paper around their lunches? Where's the ziploc's?
Actually, this was a color slide take in 1943, I'm thinking great-grandparents work time, helping out the war effort. I've only seen the time period before I was born in B&W pics and recreated in movies, so to me this was pretty cool, making my grandparents and parents (childhood) generation more real whereas before it was somewhat disconnected being B&W. More by clicking the link and many more by searching that Library of Congress site.Related, my small hometown of Parsons KS has the only remaining Kodachrome processing facility in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodachrome