« Home | First Time » | Tulsa Times » | Spring Break » | Weekend InGage-ment » | Changing of the times » | Big Boy » | Bowling for Parsons » | Old Wii-zers » | Sharing is Good » | Little Acorn Kids » 

Friday, April 13, 2007 

Mundane

So sometimes I wonder, as I prepare another tupperware bowl of green beans in the microwave, what do other people eat for dinner? Do they eat the same thing every week? Anyways, here is what we had this week for dinners:
Sunday can't remember
Beef nachos, (bean burritos for kids) baby carrots, grapes
Hamburgers, salad, chips, tater tots
Roast, potatoes & carrots, salad, Impossibly easy pumpkin pie
Leftovers and take home from work

I've got a good Weeknight Favorites recipe book I use for ideas and the church's cookbook, but found a lot here as well (and a helpful shopping list). Even then though I find it tough to plan so far in advance for meals and then go shopping. I guess that's why some of those meal prep places are doing so well.

For entertainment, I did find redbox.com to be pretty good and cheap. They are the movie vending machines at every McDonalds. Only $1 to rent new DVD releases and you can drop off at any of them and reserve them online.

I have about 12-15 recipes that I rotate through. This week it was BBQ ribs, mashed potatos, and green beans. Then Chicken Lasagna, zucchini, and salad. Then Poppyseed Chicken, salad, and corn. Then Pork Chop and Rice Casserole, salad, and bread. So, there you have it. I am trying to cook like Phylliese and stock things up in my freezer for when the baby comes. However, being sick this week I went through 3 of those. So, I must get back to cooking and freezing. Crock Pot cooking is great as well. Most of my recipes I put on my Kitchen Adventures blog. Check it out!

Post a Comment